Wednesday, September 24

greece




Whew...hello...I am here in Santorni and iternet is challenging, and I am just now atching up to share the latest.
Greece is freaing amazing. We all arrived safe on the aftermath of a storm but it has been sunny and beatiful ever since and today saw us at Ancient Thira...a HUGE ruin from 6th C onwards, that survived the volcano ....Akri Tiri and umm ...the reason I came to this island ,is ummmmm.... CLOSED...UGH! hOWEVER, Ancient Thira delivered and then some.

We have been pool dippin and beach walking, sun worshipping and gods and goddeses seaking, and this afternoon was filled in a local taverna off the beaten path with a group of wine soaked men who insisted on buying us ouzo, wine and dancing for us, complete with bottle dancing ( on their head upside down) and glass smashing..." a good day! The beer drinking burro may be my fave though!

It becomes increasingly more difficult to get online and I can not use my computer here so alas, no pics...but believe me, thy are magnificent.

Spain was beautiful and I was sorry to leave my friend K and her family, but alas, the volcano called and I answered.

This island is a mystery of back alleys, walkways and ruins.....the mountain goats would once again take their hat off to me for the summits I hae climbed...OI

I will write more once settled somewhere on my own computer....meawhile..ADEEOS...from the beautiful island of Santorini with wonderful faces and smell and I may never eat anything but dolmades again :)

Windmills, sand, water. cliffs, ruins and sky...that is Santorini...more from the road and Crete to come!

3 comments:

  1. Ohhhh man. I am sooooooooo jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Kimmee!!!

    Great to see what ya been up to!!!

    Keep it coming when you can and big hellos from all of us!!

    Lon and the Gang

    ReplyDelete

Tell me all about yourself.