Wednesday, December 3

the Most Wonderful Time of the Year????


I know that I am known to be a holiday enthusiast ( and so is my dog, Niko :) ) and friends will mock my need to get the tree up at the beginning of Decemeber.....but some years are better than others.

We went out and got our tree, not our usual thing, normally we go and chop ours down from an ostrich farm and leave a little growing for another year.

This year though, time got away from us so we went to the tree place...you know the one, where dudes in wader pants and fuzzy hair try to sell you the biggest tree available in a parking lot surrounded by festive lights??

Well we were not fooled, we got the second biggest tree available :)Brought it home and set it up in the dining room, for the first time. Usually in the living room...again, switching it up.

I was real;ly not happy where it was but stayed silent. Decorating last night, I stepped back and put my slippered foot into the dog's water bowl, spilling said water everywhere, reacting and banging my head on the overhead lamp, and spilling glue onto my grandma's birthday present. Sigh......okay hint taken, finish it in the morning.;
Comes the morning......I decide to move the tree.....scene of first tree...was up in front of irror and behind ceiling lamp



I know.... you are all thinking...NOOOOOOOOO.....DON'T MOVE THE DECORATED TREE...... and you would all be right.
I slid the tree and all was well.....


.... and then crash, it came down to the ground....almost.... I caught it by a small branch and prevented it from completely crashing to the ground. Whew....

I set it back up, crooked in the stand...adjusted the hanging lights and realized it would be like that for awhile.
D came home and I fessed up to my movng attempts ( he had warned me not to try :() and then we spent the evening, undecorating the tree, moving it and redecorating it.......It is much better now.




I believe I have officially become my mother though, my mother who has a tree in every room of the house......my tree is decorated BEFORE hers this year...oh dear.

the holidays may kill me....

2 comments:

  1. Oh Kimmee...........I am going to mock you alot about this when I see you!! tee hee. I can picture is all unfolding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you survived and that you outwitted the tree.

    It sure is pretty and oh my, what big balls...

    oops!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me all about yourself.