Tuesday, January 20

History unfolds...

Today, I am home watching the coverage of the inauguration.

It is a moment in time I want to remember and particpate in and would love to have your comments about what this means to you, as you are taking this in from all over the world.

People I know in the states have asked me,
"why does the world care so much about the election of the states?"

Well, it is a big question.... as I travelled through Europe during the final weeks of the election, I had the priviledge of speaking with many global perspectives.

The bottom line for everyone is easilly summed up in one word "HOPE"

There is a feeling of deep exhalation and hope for the first time since,well....since we all sat waiting for the recounts in Florida to put Gore in office.

Sharing this day of hope with you all.

1 comment:

  1. I spent the whole day glued to Obama on the set. It was surreal, and magic, and the only true word I can come up with is HOPE. I am so glad to have been alive to see that sort of history made. I can't believe in this day and age the leader , (namely the "leader" of the free world) can be a non white man, and cause such jubilation and inspiration and positivity. It really shows that we can aim for want we want to achieve, and that all can be possible!! Did the back door hit GWB on the way out?

    ReplyDelete

Tell me all about yourself.