Wednesday, January 28

I sit , I type...

I committed to writing SOMETHING every day when I started this blog. I haven't always done that, but am honestly trying now.

Sooooo..ummmmm.........what do you write about when your head is full of knights and round tables, scripts, and stage movement?

"Hail"......that is what I have for today..."Hail ye lads and lassies"....
The old English had some beautiful wordsmithing going on.

My favourite old English turn of phrase may well be

" and I of ladies most deject and wretched,
that suck'd the Honey of his music'd vows
now see that noble and most soverign reason...blasted with ecstasy!
O woe is me, to see what I have seen, see what I see"
( Ophelia, Hamlet)

It is just so drippingly dramatic and perfect, a winning combination of consonants and vowels and pathos.

And that is how I shall endeavor to speak for the rest of the day....


Hail, ye lads and Lassies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me all about yourself.