Friday, January 9

I want to know....please add comments...


What it is about jammies and slippers and what makes them socially unacceptable at a certain point in the day?

I mean, they are clothes, sort of......the are comfy, and if you spend your days working from home...why the guilt after a certain time, that you are still in your jammies?
Is it my own warped guilt kicking in or do you feel this way too?

It is the same thing I wonder about taking sick time and naps. Some ( and I am thinking more about older generations here) see illness and the need for naps as a weakness. A personal judgement that you are somehow "less than" if a cold catches up with you or you can take time to have a siesta.

I am telling you..Europe, especially the hot areas, have this well figured..I am down with noonsies and siestas and late dinners....

This work work work, look pretty all the time and don't show weakness, is just bullshit.

That said, I am sitting here in my jammies, may have a nap, and ponder this a little further...

4 comments:

  1. I fully agree!
    I have lots of what I guess you would call "lounge clothes" for just that reason.
    I see no point in getting dolled up in regular clothes when I know I will be home all day. All my pants are either "jammie" pants that look decent or some sorta like yoga pants, plus comfy tops or tanks. I am more comfy, don't care if I get dirty, but look nice enough to answer the door or get the mail etc.
    I don't have to risk messing up or wearing out my street clothes (hence I buy less of them overall) and I am quite messy and have cats (fur).
    Works for me! Give me that European attitude anytime!
    I don't do slippers at all, I hate shoes, but if I need to go out I have some slip-ons that work.

    As for sick time...I think all of us would get sick less if people actually stayed home when they were ill. Less germ spreading and fewer unproductive days due to feeling crappy. Sadly some people would rather work, or have the kind of job you can't call out on unless it is a really dire reason and have to work thru the ick. Ridiculous.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! Well, I must say I rarely feel bad about staying in my pyjamas for the day... as long as I do something with my day! I agree that in general, rest and off time is not given enough, if any, credit at all in our society... But it is, IMO, absolutely compulsory if you want to have a "balanced" life, and saty really tuned in your desires and evolution...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very happy to hear you embracing the pajamas!

    I think little balance is very importnt indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I carried this note to my facebook page and it has led a huge pajama party.........lolololol....

    Pajamas are hip!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me all about yourself.