Sunday, January 25

Greek food






What can I say about the food tasted in Greece.......well.........yumm!
Greek food is just good.
That is really all there is to it.
It is fresh, uses simple flavour blends, lots of lemon and let's talk about that goat cheese.



Why can't we get goat cheese like that here in North America? Why? And you are served big slabs of it, dripping in olive oil and herbs, darn my mouth is watering....


Let me just name a few of my faves, sampled from various parts of Greece, the islands and the mainland...


-Dolmades, both grape leaf and squash blossom



-Greek yoghurt and fruit for breaksfast lunch and dinner, prepared in our self catering kitchen by moi on Santorini


-delicious savoury and sweet loafy deliciousness...my fave the sausage loaf from the local bakery on Santorini
-Calamari, fresh from the water that day
-Gyros with french fries in them...now THAT is something we need to catch onto , best sit on the beach food ever....

and the rice pilaf I had on Crete in an old Turkish bathhouse, now a restaurant known as Tammam



Oh dear i could go on and on but instead, I am going to serve myself up a little Greek yoghurt, fruit and nuts....thank heavens for the mediterranean grocer.

1 comment:

  1. Mmm...I agree with the yum factor!!

    You CAN get awesome goat cheese. Look online for the nearest available goat or sheep farm that sells cheese. I swear they are everywhere and you can order fresh made and quick shipped. Or you might even get lucky like me and find one you can drive to!
    I don't treat myself to it very often, but it is SO worth it when I do!

    I could eat a slab of it every day...mmmmmm.

    Greek yogurt is also addictive as heck...I would love to have THAT freshly made....*sigh*

    Love the food posts! If I ever get to go overseas the only thing that will save me from a thousand extra pounds is the walking...I would want to taste it all!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me all about yourself.