Thursday, January 15

Tortilla Pie.....torilla pie....if I don't have some I think I'm going to die!...

My very good friend kirstie ( pictured below) who now lives in the north of Spain, turned me onto really good homemade Tortilla Pie in the 90's.

This is a large thick potato, onion, egg , omellette type dish that gets better and better the more you eat.

I have craved this meal often and luckilly for me, have a patient friend in Kirstie who has taught me how to make it for myself....twice :)

While in Spain , I was also introduced to vermouth bars.
The vermouth sits in wooden casks and then ingredients are continually added to it so you have a continuous base, like a sourdough, you keep using.

The vermouth, so beautifully amber and flavourful....mmmmmmm.........

When you order bevvies inside wine and vermouth bars in Asturias, you are also served an accompanying dish at no extra cost, meatballs and bread, ceviche and bread, etc.
My first day out excursioning in Oviedo, I was given TORTILLA PIE with my glass of vermouth....exquisite yumminess, a perfect pairing and solved the "noonsies" tummy rumbles beautifully til our main meal during siesta was served.

1 comment:

  1. Ahem....
    So you think you can post a yummy story about something you KNOW how to make and NOT share the recipe?
    WANT.
    Please.
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me all about yourself.