Wednesday, February 18

Goodbye Facebook

It has recently dawned on me just how much time i whittle away by visiting a few ummmm internet distractions.

Now don't get me wrong, some of them are part of my routine and offer inspiration and reference material for my daydreaming, creative process.




However, as I work from home: writing, reading, planning, on my computer by day, I need to let go some of the other distractions and focus on what feeds my soul.

This is not facebook.

I thought it was for a time. I mean you chat with friends, reach out to people from your past and giggle at photos and antics.
But... when that friendly socialization is marred, by a breach of trust on FB's part, by changing the terms of service, without letting its members know, and that change strips away even more rights than the few we have in an internet forum...well......it is the kick I need to say, "SEE YA"

It is true they have changed it back to the original after much public noise, but....if they did this once...?...

I am not very techy I must admit. I much prefer to chat on the phone, at home than through email and rarely carry my cell phone as I find it intrusive in social situations....... don't even get me started on the texting craze.

Remember good old fashioned face to faces?





I am just an old fashioned girl and am getting off this particular tech highway.

You can find me at the end of the receiver, that is still plugged into a wall, and an email will always brings a smile and is fantastic for work correspondence...


but Facebook????

KISS MY A**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me all about yourself.