Monday, March 9

Asturian Sculpture

I am going to continue to write about the beautiful art and architecture.
( click on the images for larger view )

Next on my list is Spain.

I spent some amazing time wandering the beautifully ornate streets of Northern Spain, in the cities of Oviedo and Gijon.
It is immensely inspiring to see the amount of sculpture and dedicated space on every street, given to sharing that art. We need more art amongst us here in Canada.

In Oviedo, much of the art is highlighting the beginings of life and the people who built up the city.
Gijon has the incredible " Monument to the Horizon, built high atop an old battlement at the entrance to Gijon's harbour.


I will let the art speak for itself through my photos.

I think my fave is the girl reading by the street lamp.












2 comments:

  1. Ooh, neat.
    I like the old ladies selling stall, and the man in the fedora waiting. Men should still wear fedoras I think...

    I love seeing art on street corners and in parks, the better to share with everyone who may never go to a gallery or museum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A man in a fedora is one I would like to hang with as well :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me all about yourself.