Monday, March 16

Me at MTV Greece, premiere...

My first day in Athens and taveling alone, I happened to meet a couple of sympatico peeps ( recognized by being clad all in black, interestingly tattooed and wearing security passes around their necks) and had dinner with them in the Plaka.
Turns out they were roadies for the MTV premier in Greece on their dinner break, and were setting up a concert in the old Olympic Stadium happening in 2 hours. It was to be broadcast live all over Europe.

I was in....didn't yet know who was playing or how muchit would cost me...but would you have missed it?

After a long metro ride that turfed me out onto the "new" stadium amongst rabid "football" fans eeeekkkk,
( ummm who knew there were TWO Olympic Stadiums)
I found my way back on the metro with said rabid fans, to where I needed to be and enjoyed the kaiser Chiefs and REM.
Oh and all this was FREE!

Here is a little snippet from the outdoor ampitheatre....sitting amongst the old marble steps and looking out to the Parthenon...sigh..it was a great concert.
REM singing Losing My religion ( along with the whole crowd)..sorry for the bouncing..I was dancing.
When I bounce, err Pan, over to the screen, notice the marble steps and guard rail in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me all about yourself.