Wednesday, March 18

Reduce, Re use and Reycle

It surprised me as I travelled about last year, just how few places in the world have a solid recycling program.
In the age we live in, with the knowledge we have gleamed, it is truly time to take a stand and start one up in your community.

Living on the west coast of Canada where recycling has been a norm for years, I am discouraged by how far the world still needs to go with this.
We take out maybe one bag of actual garbage a week because of the fairly decent recycling programs we have and our compost.

I felt awful traveling through Europe and throwing out my water bottles, plastics etc.
There really is just no excuse to not take this a little more seriously.


So my challenge to all who read this......

make some noise in your community

...get involved at schools sharing what you know

... and harrass your community leaders to get on top of this.
Check out what Freecycle is doing Globally

OUR PLANET IS NOT A GARBAGE DUMP!
This is a picture of the Pacific Ocean...shame!




Okay...*steps off soap box til the next time* :)

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree Kimmee. It truly disgusts me about the lack of the recyclling. I am in the US of all places, where I found one drop off point in a grocery store parking lot aboput 5 miles from my house, where I can take recycling. How backwards is that. I am going to see what I can do about it....I have been thinking about this for awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome to hear...we noisy Canadians spreading the word around the world is great.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me all about yourself.