Monday, January 11

365 Days of Gratitude-Day 10 "JC Superstar"


I am a cheezeball.
I will admit it, and from the get go, this musical has been as much a part of me as breathing.
My mom took me to the movie 13 times in the theatre ( really she did, I was 5 ) and I grew up listening to the soundtrack, ( albums, with all the great album art, I was trying to get a better view of the "mass of blood" leper, weird little kid I was ) pretty much every evening.

As a young actress, I was able to perform it and share this experience with my mom who choreographed it and my now lifelong friends of cast mates ( waves to Micha, "Herod's favourite")

Tonight I was able to once more lose myself in this amazing musical journey, complete with Ted Neeley starring as Jesus.
It was amazing. I am very grateful to have been able to see this special show with the man who originated the role in Norman Jewwison's movie, and who has not lost anything vocally with age. Just brilliant.

This pic is not mine and I can not find the photgrapher to credit them...but thank you to who did take this.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me all about yourself.