Thursday, January 28

day 27 of 365 days of gratitude- JD Salinger

It seems appropriate that a moment should be taken to reflect upon J.D. Salinger and what he has given the world.

I am forever grateful to the characters I have met, the worlds explored and introspection provoked thanks to the talents of this author.

No picture today, rather I look to you to form a picture in your mind's eye of a character of Salinger's that has left their impression upon you and to share it, if you wish, in the comments.

I like this quote a lot and am sad I will never be able to call him up and have a chat about his latest novel now.

"What really knocks me out is a book that, when you're all done reading it, you wish the author that wrote it was a terrific friend of yours and you could call him up on the phone whenever you felt like it." - J.D. Salinger


Thank you JD Salinger......RIP


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me all about yourself.