Thursday, February 18

day39- Hair-Vagina Monologues


I have been directing theatre for a long time.
I always knew that directing was what I wanted to do, what I longed to do- but I also really love acting.

For me, the hardest part of acting is not being a part of the whole creative vision within the process.
It is like being one piece of a puzzle when you don't have all the puzzle pieces in front of you and trying to find out how you fit.
Directing gives you the whole box of puzzle pieces to play with.
The result of this is I do very little acting these days unless something really calls to me.
A show " The Vagina Monologues" is one that called loudly.

I started by simply auditioning, not knowing anyone involved and soon found myself not only performing, but ass't directing and participating as an acting coach.
All those beautiful pieces of the puzzle shared amongst us.

It was a life changing experience. The people involved, the words, the stories shared with such honesty....
I could go on and on, it was magic.
But that was two years ago...why am I writing this as part of my gratitude series today?

Recently it was brought to my attention that the youtube clip of my performance has been seen by over 22,000 people in the last year.

HOLY CRAP.

22,000 PEOPLE! tuning into to me, acting.......unbelievable.

Thank you to Sarah Kramer for posting it a year ago and wow, thank you to all the people who have watched this and beenopen to this amazing work by Eve Ensler.
For someone who considers herself a director first and an actress only something I visit, the validation you all have given me as an actress is amazing, and so graciously recieved.

I am so heartfully proud to have been able to be a part of this, to have the work carry forward through the likes of Youtube and to be involved in a global movement fighting to end all violence against women and children, forever.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me all about yourself.