Friday, November 26

To TV in the living room or not to tv in the living room...


Yes, this is the question du jour.

I hate the big black box in the main room of the house and so after some half a dozen years......we are trying out the box in the bedroom for a month ( and also to make room for the large Christmas tree in the main room..tee hee hee)

But I wonder as I write this.....

When did the art of conversation get replaced by by talking heads in a box?
When did family time, reading, music, crafts, kitting et al need to be replaced by this medium?

If the medium truly is the message....the message sucks and we are in trouble.

Well I for one, have had enough. Out, out I say damn box....fie fie my lord doth protest, but.....I have come out victorious.....for the moment.


1 comment:

  1. Oh, darlin' Kimmee, as soon as TV invaded in the 1950's, it was immediately addictive. But I hear radio was addictive before that. I came to be in the in between years, so can't really say. My family rarely had TV when I was growing up and so I don't think much about it though I do own two (ancient) TVs. I haven't had a TV in the LR since I've been an adult, can't imagine it, but frequently people question my personality over this preference!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me all about yourself.