Wednesday, April 6

Day 10- a pic of your most treasured item

I must admit, at first it was difficult to pinpoint one item in particular.
I  mean I treasure many things, both abstract and tangible:
-Daiv
- our planet, ( especially through the lens of my camera )
-friends and family
-the sunshine falling through cedars
-the vibrations of the past through the touch of old stones in far away places
-the sound of purring kitty on my shoulder
-a muddy dog with tongue hanging out after a really good run at the lake

I could go on and on but this is asking for one specific item so I will oblige.

There is one thing in my possession now, that I have cherished as long as I remember and it is that 1 thing I treasure above all else. It is what I would take out of a burning house, once Daiv and furries were safe...

It is a tiny Tea House.
 It first made its home in my grandparents house.

Visiting, I would sit on the floor in front of the coffee table and be oh... so... careful.... the joy of all those moving mini shoji screens and removable parts, playing with it for hours.
It is a puzzlebox house - every single teeny piece comes apart...nary a nail.

I would imagine the people living inside, the worlds they came from. I think it was truly my first directing gig...the set, the scene, the players.
I was 4.

It is a piece of history that is tangible and shelters the remembrances of special times visiting Nan and Gramps, of being treated as a grown up with my lime cordial and peak freans, and being trusted to play with the  Tea House. A time of wishes sent to the wishing well in back of their home, of playtimes "doing" Nan's hair while avoiding Ming, the cat.....the mean hissy cat.

After Nan and Grams were gone, I was asked what I wanted to remember them by......that question was easy. The teeny Tea House.

It is a truly treasured item that I am happy to now have in my home, on the mantel.
I still play with it and imagine the people who live there and remember being 4.....and in awe....of the Tea House

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me all about yourself.