Thursday, July 17

have phrase book, will travel...


I just picked up my Western European phrase book, Paris ideas and Greek phrase book.
My European travels are now 6 weeks away.
I can't believe how quickly it is coming...Yay!!!!!!!!

I am a little trepidous but mostly ridiculously excited and it is all still a little surreal.

The plan is...2 months...

*Fly into Norwich, England and stay with S and her furries, and do much traversing, giggling and enjoying, then travel to the north of  Spain to see my friend K and her family.
* I head off to Santorini where S & S will join me along with P and we spend a week on the island before heading to Crete.
*I will say farewell to my travel buddies and strike out alone back up through the Greek Islands and the Pelloponese, to find my way to a train with my Eurorail pass and head across Europe, through Romania, Prague and back to Norwich.
*Paris, London and Amsterdam are in the works with A, who is living in Paris through the wind.
We will have cafe au laits and talk art and literature and giggle in Paris together.
I know this note is a bit of a list but, now you can see the adventures laid out here, that I will be writing about as I go. 

I am soooooo grateful to the hearts of my friends abroad who are opening their doors to me allowing me not only a place to stay, but the confidence to go it alone, knowing that I have friendly faces whenever I need them.

this story will be continued..today I am very excited.

2 comments:

  1. Kimmee!! That is so exciting. That is coming really fast now. Wish I was coming :( I could sure use a break! It would be so fun to travel with you...
    I hope to see you before you leave. I should be home by end of AUgust. Would have been sooner but we are going to a wedding in NYC!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NYC???????? that is exciting..w.e must chat!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me all about yourself.