Sunday, August 17

HAppy Birthday Madonna!!!!!!


50....REALLY??????

Oh my god, how did that happen.
Madona, 50, inconcievable!

The girl that taught me wearing my bra on the outside was cool, that gave me permission to add crinolins to my wardrobe, not just my dress up box....sigh......50.

I suppose it was meant to happen, I mean we are all aging right?
But how we allow an icon to go gently into the night? Well apparantly we don't.
Our icons are not allowed to age gracefully..NO, they must be tucked and botoxed and stretched into the image of them we have in our memories.
Shame really.
She has an opportunity to break the mold again here but she is succombing to the public pressure.

Madonna..Happy Birthday, my wish for you......be real...and show us all how naturally great 50 can be!

1 comment:

  1. I had a giggle over this myself. I missed really getting into her influence by a few years, but liked the music. I just hate the fakiness of her now...and you are right, it is because she is bending to industry standards...
    Wish there were more older women in the public eye doing brave and cool things.
    Even when we see an actress (older) in some breakout role we all think there will be more of the same to come...then a huge dry spell of nothing but really young 'hot' women. No ladies of grace and age (or daring and age, come on, young women today have nothing on those older ladies....showing your tits and ass is not the same as having your own breakout style, or real class or true humor.)
    I miss her daring...you an be 50 and still wow people with words and music. Wish she would!
    Many happy returns Material Girl!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me all about yourself.