Saturday, August 30

Ny day 2 -Broadway Bound


Whew...we made it with moments to spare, and the four of us went to Bubba Gump Shrimp for dinner....hmmmm imagine Senor Frog's on shrimpies........Dinner was really good though. "Run Forest Run!"

Then we walk through the now truly insanely busy streets, okay Mumzie was right, Monday had been quiet.
Holy crap...holy crap, there are a lot of people on the streets and all seem to be heading to a broadway show.
We are heading to "Spring Awakening" at the Eugene O'Neill playhouse.

We walk in and the smell of old theatre hits me like a familiar memory you didn't know you had.
it was just a beautiful small theatre....we settle into our seats....and wait.......I am so excited.

The show begins and I am transported. What an unbelievably edgy, minimalist, and emotional journey this show it is. I won't go into a huge song and dance about it ( ha ha, get it song and dance?) but run, don't walk if it tours to you. It is breathtaking. The sharpness of the young energy contrasted with the turn of the century text and ideas.......Oh man.,.....just amazing.

I float out of the theatre and we all agree it is the best show ever. it remains R's favourite Broadway show ever.......and he has seen a lot.

We finish the night off with martinis at a swanky lounge with chrome and neon lights and fish...I found nemo, he is alive and well and living in a tank outside the bathrooms of this lounge.

1 comment:

  1. your blog is so great to read.I have sooo much to learn!! haha
    I can't wait to get to NYC..What a great city

    ReplyDelete

Tell me all about yourself.