Saturday, September 6

On the road......with Kimmee


Well here I am...whew.

After a loooooooong flight in cramped quarters, I am here at the airport in Amsterdam waiting for my last connection to take me into Norwich.

It was a very calm, very easy, smooth and exciting trip so far.
A friend came and met me for bevvies in Vancouver at the airport and was a welcome distraction from the 4 hour wait. Also nice to have a friendly face see me off there as well as Mumzie and T in Victoria.

I know it is early days and things can muck up, But i found all the gates, lined up to check in appropriately and even managed an aisle seat on a sold out plane :) No issues at the security counters...hmmmm I think it may be all D's fault.

Met some older travellers who wanted to have me visit their home in France.....and another couple who are enroute to Italy.
What is it with me and nice senior folk trying to adopt me? it is really funny...everywhere I go, some nice older couple has a story to share and wants to hear mine....hmmm does that mean I am old ??????? Not willing to bet on that ,, I am thinking I have a friendly face and seemed to know the answers to their airport questions.

A couple of crazy vacationing in Ibiza girls ( in picture) joined my row and drank the flight away...lots of chat and even a little sleep. Well a very little for me...darn I just get so excited.

I am now a little punchy and tired but happy to be here and feeling peaceful about the whole undertaking.

Okay Europe, I am here and am ready to take you on....:) My confidence build with every gate I walk through :)

more to come.....

2 comments:

Tell me all about yourself.