Thursday, October 30

Ahhhhh family!


I have spent the last 3 days with my Grandfather's on my Mom's side, family in Liverpool. Having not met the gaggle of them before, I was very excited to connect further with my history and to learn about our shared family history.

I couldn't have landed in a happier, warmer and fuzzy group of people....ofcourse we are all related ( smiles) but what a gift to be here.

I met my great Uncle Cliff, my grandfather's brother, who is a lithe and sparkly man and who remembers much of the past and stories of my grandmother and grandfather when they were all young in Liverpool together.

I have made lifelong friends with cousins and 2nd cousins and travelled through the streets that my grandma grew up in. It is incredible to look at the person sitting across from you and recgonize pieces of your self in them.

We have been a small family collective in canada and now feel part of a much larger family structure.

I have slept much and talked even more.....tomorrow brings me travelling north through London again to meet my grandmaother's brothers children and such and I am excited once again for the connections and warmth and family that await.

One week til I am home.......mixed feelings about that....happy for home but oh so sad to see this journy end.

2 comments:

  1. wow Kimmee..........that's sounds so incredible!! I hope they all come to Canada at some point. I would love to meet them also!enjoy your time with them:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim
    Sounds like a great adventure. I know all about the mixed feelings of coming home. I'm looking forward to hearing about your adventures in person over a drink
    Brent

    ReplyDelete

Tell me all about yourself.