Monday, October 27

after getting all that off my chest ( see previous posts)


I am spending my last night in Paris and begining my last full week in Europe...sigh!

I have exhausted myself by spending all morning at the Louvre, some 5 hours...and really just getting from floor to floor is a marathon...up the stairs, down some stairs...up and escalator, over to the left walk though an arch......down an escalator...and that is just to get to the 1st floor! Whew!

After being quite blown away by both the art and the extreme rudeness of the masses....I walked through the entire tuilierries jardin to the L'orangerie, taking in a cafe au lait by a fountain mid route..( it is a good 40 minutes from end to end)

What the Louvre offers in palatial granduer that sometimes competes with the art, the L'Orangerie makes up for with its simplicity. To view the Nymphees series, in natural light, in a simple oval room......divine and perfect and 3 hours disappears in a blip.

I feel I have taken in as much as I can, and actually come out having experienced and walked through a lot.

Saturday
-Musee D'Orsey
-walk along the Seine and the Champs Elysee, people watching

Sunday
-The Seine, other side and patisserie stopover
-Arc de triumph, T'our Eiffel, Notre Dame, La Concorde Square, Pantheon, Jardins de Luxemburgh, Les invalides and more...
-dinner at a Moulin Rouge inspired tastiness....mmmmm....escargot!...outside cafe seats to people watch

Monday
-The Louvre
-la Touilleries Jardin
-L'Orangerie
-Louvre undergroung mall, for shopping people watching
-shopping at local market for tomorrow's train ride

and now have my feet up and am preparing a quiet night's stroll along the Seine...seriously can not get enough of that...and then to Liverpool Tuesday...

Ahhhhh, Paris....Je suis enchantement, merci Bouqous!

2 comments:

  1. You continue to exhaust me just by reading about what you're getting up to, Kimmee! You're packing more into this trip than some people do in a lifetime. You'll need a holiday when you get home to get over it all!!
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a really great picture of you Kimmee!!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me all about yourself.