Friday, October 10

Epidaures......wow!




I spent my final day in Greece at the Ancient site of Epidaures. One of the best examples of an ancient theatre that exists in the world.

It was so unbelievable, amazing.....energizing, peaceful.....otherworldy.

I sat amongst the rows and rows of seats watching and feeling the vibrations and thinking on the theatre performed there...."Lysistrata", "Elektra", "Oedipus" for example.

i was also surprise dby the fact that this was a healing centre and had a hospice....all those years ago. the Greek people are remarkable!

After sitting in the theatre for ohhhh about 90 minutes and moving from place to place, I took the bull by the horns, deciding to fulfill a lifelong dream to perform in an Ancient Ampi theatre and walked carefully down the time worn stairs to the centre stone of the orchestra where I opened up and sang "Wearing white feathers as I fly"

The sound that came back to me was better than any monitor I have ever been in front of and the energy that fill the space is visceral, tangeable and breathtaking.

The small crowd were very appreciative and I met a few peeps because of the singing to walk through the rest of the ruins with. It brought happy tears to my eyes....I have been smiling all day.

I have had a dream come true today.......an amazing....extraordinary experience that will stay with me forever......thank you Greece........you have not dissapointed.!

1 comment:

  1. awwwwwwwwww.that's so beautiful Kimmee.. It sends chills up my spine!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me all about yourself.