Tuesday, October 7

I am sitting on the ocean front in Nafplion having arrived by bus from Athens this afternoon. Met a nice woman, turned out was an English actress, possibly famous…??? We chatted through the trip and then she was off with friends.

My pension while lovely is at the top of a steep incline of stairs and made of marble so I am carefully treading along while looking for internet connections….hee hee hee, I thought I had one beside a hotel, but alas even though it shows I have access, I can’t get on the interent….drat, foiled by the man.

Nafplion is a lovely old town, once the Capital of Greece before Athens. There is a huge castle at the top of my pension and I am surrounded with history.

Tomorrow I am debating a bus trip to Epidaures or a sailing trip. I guess it will depend on the weather.

I had my first really lonely moment this eve..sitting in my room, wondering where all the peeps were hanging…and then gave myself a good talking to, got up and came down to waterfront where the friendly waiter who assisted me this afternoon, remembered me, brought me my “usual” tee hee….Mythos beer, and has been very chatty. Amazing what a little pep talk of “get off your ass Kimmee” can accomplish. No more lonely feelings!

Just across the water is a lovely little armarment/castle dating back to about the 1500’s…..a small shuttle ferry will see me visit it tomorrow and then I am definitely leading towards a sailing trip. A good way to meet peeps and be chatty while cruising this beautiful ocean.


The pension is run by a delightful woman, Elene, who welcomed me with a hug, and many kitties about the place all seeking some extra attention. They really need better spay/neuter programs in greee…so many baby cats calling for a boy! Poor little things.

I am here until Sunday and then have made the decision to start winding my way across Europe by train.

I know it is cold everywhere else, but I am starting to long to see other types of architcture and European environments. Greece however holds the key to the sun, so we’ll see……..

There are a lot of archeological places to get to while I am here…..Ancient Corinth, Mycenae and Epidaures…all will be visited by the time I leave.

Ha, found an internet bar on the water so I sit and post whilst listening to greek pop music and the ever present sound of worry beads........sigh....much better than my room.....

Laters...

2 comments:

  1. what does Greek pop music sound like??? tee hee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in the airport in Seattle reading about your lonely feelings and I totally relate. I have 2 more plane rides till I'm home .... and I can't WAIT! :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me all about yourself.