Friday, October 24

Prague...exquisite loveliness!


Prague is all that people say and more. Today I meandered amongst the seriously cobbled streets and breathtaking architecture, perfectly in tact. Nothing tattered or faded, all bright and beautiful and looking as though it could have been recently built, but ofcourse it is seriously old.

The people are not as friendly as other places I have been, but with the history of oppression, communism and the “velvet revolution”, it is no wonder really. The are polite, just very reserved. A bit disturbing to hear one of my fave others of the revolution, Milan Kundera, has been accused of informing on his peers 60 odd years ago to the Secret Police….I hope it is not true. Quite dissilusioning as he is one of the reasons Prague called to me.

Tonight I took myself out to the theatre and saw Theatre Fatastiquas’ “Themes on Alice Through the Looking Glass”. This was known as a black light performanc, these are much the rage arounbd here, and all is performed in shadow low light and blacklighting, to create an atmospheric show that is rich in subtext.
Mostly set to music, it is a little like Cirque de Soleil meets Theatre of the Absurd…but spellbinding. To describe the show???...hmmmmm…. a little bit like alice meets the chesire cat, eats eve’s apple and discovers her sexuality through the interactions she has with 20 ft white puppets, clowns who juggle in slow motion and a narrator type who sets the whole thing in motion.. Wonderful use of mixed media.

My neighbour ( seated beside me and alone also) chatted me up as soon as he sat down.
(Only I could be seated beside the one lone guy in the theatre who is looking for a warm body for the night…loolololol)…he was polite though, and I made it clear my friends at the hotel were expecting me so “no thank you, drinks in your hotel are not be possible”,
Grandma would say the women in our family all have “sex appeal” lolololol.
He was interesting to chat with though…from Columbia and very interested in theatre. Daiv would have enjoyed chatting with him…a bit like a man we once met in Puerto Vallarta who played classical guitar.

It is cold here but my layers are keeping me cozy and I am glad I picked up an umbrella and gloves in London. Walked across the bridge…so fairytale beautiful, and made my way back to the pension.

Tomorrow holds more wonders and theatre and then poof....I go to Paris.

2 comments:

  1. I know the bridge well.........I too stood on it and just stared down the riveer. It is just stunningly beautiful. Only you would get the one lonely dude....that is a massive tee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kimmee! Sounds like you are just having the time of your life, aggravations aside.
    Sorry I did not comment more on your journey thru this blog...got jaded by the CH posts and did not think that you might want comments here.

    Do know I have been reading them all, and wait for each new one.
    I am SO glad you have had such a great, amazing and eye-opening time and I can't wait to read about the end trips and your eventual homecoming!

    I only hope I get to travel like you did someday! Thanks for extra inspiration!

    Hug S for me at the cottage, and know how many of us are thinking of you and missing you as you travel, even if we don't pop on here to say so!

    Take care and happy travels!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me all about yourself.