Sunday, October 26

paris...Ooo la la!



I have arrived and already exploded onto the Paris scene, or should I say Seine, with great aplomb!

I am staying in the St.Germain district and then moving to the Opera de les halle this evening on the other side of the river and right by the Palais Royal.

The train came in late from prague..2 hours late.... and then involved having to exchange train ticket to paris as I had missed my connection, 4 long line ups til someone could help and much cursing under my breath. I finally got in around 3:00pm and ran to Musee d'orsey, ( after exploding all my clothes all over my petit boudoir, to find my cute paris clothes).....I took in the Picasso, Manet exhibit first and then lost myself in the familliar hues of the Impressionists....sigh....

I had an early night but not before a walk along the Seine and some baquette, cheese and ham.

I have not needed to use any English in my ordering transactions...yay.....and seem to be able to be understood and to understand what is being said and asked of me so far...yay for Mr. Bombezin and Mr. Macnalley-Dawes. I am actually really surprised at how much french lays just at the tip of my tongue.

Today I walked around gardens and pyramids at the Louvre, and am heading off for a guided tour through the main monuments of interest..

Tomorrow will be the Louvre, L'orangerie and we'lll see what else before I head to Liverpool Tuesday.

2 comments:

  1. mslle........tu es tres belle dans la ville des lumiere!! tu es tres jolie!!! passe une bonne journee a Paris!!!!

    bisoux C

    ReplyDelete

Tell me all about yourself.