Sunday, December 28

a year in review

Wow, I sit here thinking on all I have had the opportunity to see and do this past year and am left in wonder at what 2008 offered.

It began with good friends ringing in the new year at the Irish Times where a friend's band "Kitangus" played.
It was warm and lovely and a good indication to the year that lay ahead.


January and February saw my life altered through the experience of being part of a wicked production team and performing in "the Vagina Monologues".


A life shaping experience that was so much more than one can imagine. The play itself is transformational, add to that the women who so courageously wore the skin of the women whom shaped the play, to share their stories. Truly an awe inspiring production. Yay for "the web" ! The show raised $30 000 for the Womens' Shelter locally and that is a jaw droping accomplishment I am proud to have been a part of.


Between shows, preparations for the "Shadows" project, vocal coaching and directing for the Autism Society, the spring moved along quickly. I finally brought home my first electric guitar...something I have been saving for , for well....a loooooong time...she is soooo pretty and red and the sound...yummy!



It also was the second annual "World Tiara Day", the day we don our tiaras and walk tall as the queens we all are...and I am happy to note it has tripled in particiation since last year.



May saw me turn 40 with friends and family....yay 40.


40 means....well..."40". It is the ultimate response.....why? "well... because I am 40"
And because I am 40, I got a new tattoo......my own personal faery to travel with me through life.



Then there was the gift of a trip in June to see my stepsis and family in Philly combined with a week in New York.
My mom and Reg, Daiv and I took in Broadway, art, sights and sounds that left us a little breathless...whew..it is a wonderful crazy paced town.





It also got me wanting more! More travel please....
David re-introduced me to the language of art at the Met and the Moma and the Philly Museum of art, an excellent lesson to take with me alone to Europe.

Then along came Europe.....all its splendor,sounds, smells, tastes, family connections, friends; new and old, and those stones...



Those glorious old stones that resonate of times gone by and times to come.
A journey that inspires me to keep reaching for new creative energy. That reminded me of what is important in our world...the little things, that teach our hearts to be more. The trip that reminded me that art for art's sake is still out there.

Coming home was a poignant and bittersweet thing. Not for the reasons you may think, I was excited to be home with Daiv and the furries and my bed, and unpack....



but it also saw me say goodbye to my dear pussycat friend Abby, another gift of a creature who showed us so many life's lessons over her 16 years. A bittersweet farewell.




Home meant revving up into the holiday show season with not much preamble. Whew!
It meant the sewing machine came out, kitty pi's were knit and prezzies baked and sewn for family and friends. I did not shop in one mall for a Christmas prezzie....I love making things for the holidays.




And then....
Who knew so much would be altered on account of 2 and a 1/2 feet of snow :)

I have been doing snow dances for so many years it seems it all fell at once in response...glorious, blissful blankets of snow. Okay so I couldn't get my car out of the driveway for a week......snow is magic.



This year its magic included my Mom and Reg's new baby, Maggie their Golden retriever...



I am thankful for all of life's mysteries; sorrowful and happy, that remind us what living is all about.
2008 has been the cherry on a pretty good life of sundaes, and I am so grateful for every moment.

I hope that when you look back you also see that you are looking forward, and I wish you all a happy remembering.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds so wonderful Kimmee!
    You really do exude this sort of magical charm when talking about your life and experiences.
    I am so glad your year was so wonderful! Thank you for sharing it and letting us have a bit of the charm that wears off when you tell stories and take pictures.

    Hugs to you and all your furries (including Daiv) :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me all about yourself.