Wednesday, January 14

food...France...yummmm

Continuing with my food yumminess, I next want to discuss my time in Paris and the mmmmmmmm.....tasties I had there.

My mom "Mumzie" has always given me escargot, since I was a little Kimmee.....escargot and spaghetti usually, a funny combination for sure, but after 7 weeks of travel, I was craving a little "taste of home...

So I took myself out for dinner in the Opera De Les Halles District, where I was staying and had dinner here...


I ordered...drum roll please....

Escargots and lasagne.........mmmmmmmmmmmmm funnilly enough, it tasted like home and Paris at the same time.
Combined with a yummy Pinot Noir and fantastic crumbly bread for dipping, what is escargot for if not garlic/butter sauce drenched bread, I was in heaven........mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Now let's talk pastries and Paris....oh man..could I eat enough yummy things from street vendors?
I don't think so. My fave was a little stand outside the Louvre in the Tuillerries, where I ordered "un paine de chocolat et un quiche de fromage, s'il vous plait"

Best Quiche I have ever...ever...ever...had.
Sigh..no pics sorry, but trust me it tasted fantastique!

3 comments:

  1. Mmmm...escargot...
    I have only ever had it made fresh twice, and both times were as amazing as they were different.
    Once was traditional French at a great restaurant in Nashville, TN, and the other were actually mountain snails made with wild onions and homemade butter on my long camping/hiking trip when I was 18.
    The other few times have been canned...yuck.

    As you know I adore food talk, so keep it coming! :)

    Did you eat most of your meals alone, aside from the times with friends, or did you find folks to chat/eat with at some points? I know you talked to lots of people, so was not sure.

    Did you have some good seafood while staying near the coasts anywhere? I would love to hear about that if you did...when you have time of course!

    Thanks for giving us glimpses of your travels, makes me feel like I can almost see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did eat a lot on my own, but was not without conversation from neighbouring tables or interesting staff.....very rarely did I feel the need to pull out my book and or journal, just so much to experience.

    I had my friends for the first 3 weeks so that made the transition to traveling alone, much easier.

    Much more to come including the seafood I had in greece and Spain. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. there is nothing like a french pastry..........savoury or sweet!! Pain au chocolat is R's fave, and give me plain criossant any day!!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me all about yourself.