Friday, March 6

Cats....

This is a story I know first hand.
It is not an email I have recieved nor any other story I heard about, I know the woman this happened to.

A wonderful caring cat owner, inadvertantly shut her beloved cat "Tiger" into a dryer, one tragic day 5 months ago, and turned it on.

When she realized what had happened, it was too late. Torn up by the grief this accident has caused, she hopes that by sharing his story, others will never end up like this and his death will have purpose.

In his memory I urge everyone to share this story with someone you know who has animals.
This could happen to any of us and if hearing this story gives people pause to double check things like washers, dryers, freezers... then we know Tiger's star shines brightly amongst us.

I know my cat has hopped in as i was taking out laundry, it is warm and cosy in there. I wil always check twice before closing the lid now.
Please share, thank you.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for bringing this story to our attention. I think it would be a good idea to put sign near the On button, maybe something like Check for cats before turning on. This might prove useful when there are multiple people operating the Washers/Dryers.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me all about yourself.