Wednesday, January 20

day 19- Chemical Thingy

I am supposed to be sleeping and yet, I realize I have not taken a moment or a picture for today.

Well you will have to create a picture in your head.

Picture a block full of fire engines, ambulances, cops, media and a HazMat team.
Lights and sirens going, people everywhere.
Imagine that grouping of vehicles sectioning off an entire city block.

Now imagine right in the middle of all that is your Grandma, cozily tucked in her room watching tv, oblivious to the mayhem and potential for disaster right outside her building.

"A chemical thingy"...this is what I am told by the police they are dealing with when I call them. "Your Grandma will not be evacuated and will be fine"
well that is a relief..I think...what constitutes a "chemical thingy" and shuts off a city block?

I am however, grateful the HazMat team and fire engines that blocked the road off to my Grandma's place, did not require Grandma to be evacuated and that she was not even aware anything was going on.

Now did you take a picture of all that in your head?
:)

1 comment:

  1. I certainly did take a photo of that in my head...Two actually... The emergency vehicles and one of Grandma in her home, cozy and happy watching Wheel of Fortune or one of her other programs. :) I'm glad she's alright.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me all about yourself.