Monday, November 7

It's the little things..

It started innocently enough. A little powder to even out my skin, a light translucent powder that matches my skin tone..that is all I really wear daily, that and lipgloss.

 I find a product I love. Stila Illuminating Powder. Seriously, I have weird coloured skin it seems because matching my tones without looking green, orange or yellow seems near impossible. I am sure I should have stock in cosmetic companies.

So I buy the powder from a little store on Johnson st.
 I go back for more as it is the only place in town that sells.....really...THE ONLY PLACE.
I use it for a year or so and go back for a replacement but.........

The store is no more!!!!!!!!

I try so many powders and potions, counter ladies all over Victoria have my picture on their boards saying 'watch out...she is difficult' I have tried on so many. I settle on one.
I look sickly however in daylight, a yellow cast to my skin, people ask if I am feeling alright. I tell them it is just my make up.
I breakdown and find Stila online, but shipping is as much as it costs and it takes 5 weeks to get here ...sigh! I order it.

A couple of years pass...I hear that Sephora, who do indeed carry Stila, is opening in town..... I wait.
I get excited...

it opens....after a year of waiting.
I am there day 2...
Stila????

Hello......Stila????

" Oh I am sorry, we are not carrying Stila at this location"

WHAT???????????
I try not to breakdown....it is only powder right?

I try their offerings for a replacement..

I get asked if I am feeling alright that evening........sigh!
I order online....AGAIN......

A year passes again...
Sephora whispers they may be bringing Stila this fall.
 I try not to get excited.
I wait, let them get all their fall/winter stock...and then today.... I call.
I ask THE question " Do you carry Stila illuminating powder?"

I wait while they look......





YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!




I am so excited.

I know it may seem ridiculous to some and vain to others, and in the grand scheme of things it will not change the world, but I am sooooo excited and heading to the mall to pick up my makeup.

Stila......... Sephora......yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me all about yourself.