Tuesday, November 8

a new chapeaux


I don't remember a time when hats were not a part of my life.
Big ones ( and my goodness there really were some ginormously brimmed hats ) leather ones, straw, felt, cloched, new, vintage, you name it. I have an extensive hat and hat box collection and I am very proud of it.

When I try on hats, I am always transported to images of women in days of yore, hands flitting to adjust their chapeau, adornments of ribbon, birds, feathers, hat stand brimming with possibilities.
Leaving the store with hat box in tow, how can one not adjust their gait,stand a little taller  and walk in the footsteps of so many who have shared this tradition. Roberta's Hats is my Milliner of choice in town.

I love hats for all these reasons and because they keep my glasses from getting rain drops on them :)

A new hat..... an old custom.......timeless.

* hat stand art pic seen here  by artist

1 comment:

  1. and home I am with a fabulous new hat that I found in the mens' wear section of the bay...ahahahahahahahaahahahahah

    ReplyDelete

Tell me all about yourself.