Monday, October 27

A little art lesson for gallery viewing….

Okay people…I have spent the weekend at some of the world’s most astounding art museums, The Mussee D’Orsey, The Louvre, The Orangerie, and I have a little museum etiquette guide I feel the need to share..

1: don’t stand in line if you have a museum pass and do read the small print, you will wait endlessly only to find out you could have walked right in the front door with pass….line is to BUY tickets…..( not me, others who complained loudly about this, I read the small print thank you very much ☺!

2: DO NOT, walk, stand, stop, block or otherwise impair the viewing pleasure of those people who are actually taking in the art with eyes, in order for you to snap a picture, only seeing the painting through the lense of your camera.

3: it is called deodorant people…say it with me….. D E O D O R A N T …..and I don’t care if you have been living under a rock for 6 months….when entering a sophisticated environment in close quarters with others, remember your pit stick please.

4: timing people, timing….take a few moments……..pick what you want to see and allow just a few distractions along the way to chosen area…….don’t keep twisting down corridors, ending up helpelssly lost and then complaing art viewing is tiring (not me… overheard in line) I mean really…it is leanoardo Da Vinco…how can that be tiring?

5: PLLLLLLEEEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSSSSEEEEEEEEE……
There is no need to fight, claw, scratch or otherwise maim art enthusiasts because all you want to see is the Mona Lisa and oh my god, we are standing looking at the rest of the art in the room and blocking your access to the mosh in front of her.
It isn’t even that great in person……

6: and finally…….take your time……be in the moment and drink in the sublime creations you are speeding past. These works of art were all created by a pair of hands……appreciate it for what it is and also recognize what it isn’t, you don’t have to love everything, just cause the guide books say.
.
This is the mosh in front of Mona I am talking about......see why deordorant is an important part of this equation....?

1 comment:

  1. Wow. That photo is crazy.
    xoxo
    SARAH who is in Washington DC.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me all about yourself.