Monday, October 27

The Mona Lisa, or "what is all the fuss about?'

I don’t get it…truly, I am baffled…..after clawing my way politely through the mosh, and I mean….MOSH of people fighting for the perfect picture…forget about just getting to look at it with your eyes, the Mona Lisa is very anti climactic and it is really small.

The Louvre has all this amazing art, art that lives and breathes, with light pouring in dark and brooding…but the Mona Lisa is what we all hear about?

I found another portrait done by Davinci to be far superior…..vastly more interesting with subtler tones and lighting…
You decide for your self…here is the Mona Lisa..I have not altered the lighting at all..it is this dark…..





And here is the portrait of a woman also by Da Vinci…look at how the skin bretahes and has life….look at the focus of those eyes……….so I ask you…..which do you prefer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me all about yourself.